Yadi Yadi Yadda

Saturday, May 24, 2008

I saw God today

. We call her Beeah, it originally came from Via, which was all Isabella could pronounce of her name, when she was born. But her name is Olivia Taylor and Kezia and I are in a race for her affection (hehe). She is currently my youngest granddaughter. The nickname stuck. And evolved to Bea. I am certainly not partial, to any of my Grandchildren. Something I totally abhor in the strongest sense. And refuse to engage in.

But what makes Bea so special? What makes her so unique in my life? And why is our connection so very strong? Her very entrance into our conscience mind was dramatic. Her very existence, came with a bang. She made an impact from the getgo.

You see my daughter was adamantly, persistently, and forcefully asked to end her babys' life by the doctors attending her pregnancy. She faced this pretty much by herself, I lived 600 miles away at the time.

When it came to choosing between a fetus and a grown daughter, one that I have loved with every breath I take it, this was torturing. Bro. Owen just brought a lesson on exceptions, and believe you me we were searching our souls deeply. My values on abortion are and have been extremely very strong. I never dreamed I would be questioning them, or looking for an exception. Yet, my daughters life was being threatened. Threaten a child's life and you will see a side to a mother that is well hidden even from herself. Should you be given the chance to view it you will be surprised. A dark side lures unknown . A not so pretty side. I hope you never have to be faced with this. I was.

Know the facts. Chances are you know someone who has had or has thought of abortion, as an option. But it is not an exception. These facts were taken from http://www.mccl.org/abortion_statistics.htm

The clock is ticking....
One baby is aborted every 26 seconds
137 babies are aborted every hour
3,304 babies are aborted every day
23,196 babies are aborted every week
100,516 babies are aborted every month

Staggering aren't they? And I'm sure this does not include the ones that are done illegally/hidden.

So next time you see a very young girl with a child, don't be to hard on her, at least she is not a statistic. And then to look on the other side of the spectrum yes, I believe heaven will be full of little souls, souls that never had a chance because someone else had a choice.
My daughter had cervical cancer, a cancer that was killing her, and could not be treated while pregnant, that is unless Olivia's life was ended. They had no idea how far the cancer would progress within those 9 months. My daughters' convictions were solid, she never wavered. She had been trained well, by me. God gave her the thought that she could go through with this logical solution, end the baby's life and still die. And in hell, she could look up and see the child she had killed. Oh, God is so faithful to mankind.
As you know, Bea was born and Julie was healed in soul and in body. What a mighty God we serve.
For which is easier, to say, 'Your sins are forgiven,' or to say, 'Rise and walk'? 6 But that you may know that the Son of man has authority on earth to forgive sins" --he then said to the paralytic--"Rise, take up your bed and go home." Matthew 9:4-6


I've heard a song recently that fits right here. I saw God today, and I see him everyday I come home to my Granddaughter Olivia. She and I are buddies. God knew what would put laughter back in my life. That gigantic, gaped teeth smile and those soft baby arms around me, top it all with two big blue eyes and presto you have the right prescription to heal a broken heart. Put hope when life seems hopeless. And avoid growing bitter and cynical like the rest of the world. Something that we as saint's must war against. Wow, how can you describe this precious gift. Endless hours of unconditional love, unprejudiced trust and never ending fun. Ever noticed how pure a child's trust is? They jump never once doubting that they will not be caught.
Because she is the youngest and I am the oldest we often get paired into staying and not going. Jule thinks I am doing her a great favor but little does she know that a day spent alone with my granddaughter is the best "rest" there is for me. I absolutely love it. As I get older, home is a nice place to be, and Bea is an added bonus.

By the way, this is the same little girl that fell one year ago, come this Lakeland Campmeeting and fractured her skull. Our real life Jill, (like Jack & Jill who broke their crown). God intervened here as well, and did an amazing miracle in her life. Kez is convinced she is a genius, she is so smart. Somebody sure is trying very hard to get rid of her. But God knows I need her, she has been the ultimate healing treatment for me :) I just look at her sometimes while she is sleeping and I marvel at God's perfection, every single inch of her, in my eyes, she is perfect.

Nothing in this world is quite so pure and clean as her baby smell. I don't know how many times I will snuggle with her, or cuddle her and deeply breathe in her scent. Her kisses are heaven sent. Her laughter is contagious. Her personality is incredible. She is sweet, stubborn, determined, funny and let me tell you she is a "ham" if she knows you are watching, she will put on a show. She is a pistol too, just ask Will, Cheri Bennet's son, according to him, Bea did it. She may be the smallest among us but she can hold her own. Trust me on this one :)

Yep, I saw God today
Olivia, and Will in the Church nursery, Heidi is in the background.
posted by Perfectly Aged at 1:24 PM

1 Comments:

I saw God today, too. It happened while reading this post to your blog.

I ever you feel down and alone, just remember you are loved from far away.

J

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home