Yadi Yadi Yadda

Tuesday, February 13, 2007



Happy Valentine's Day, whoever said you had to have a lover to enjoy it? Yes I know that it is sooo commercialized, but hey, it can be lots of fun. Really, how many of us would take the time to express ourselves and celebrate the love/loved ones in our lives if it wasn't for good ole' Feb. 14 ? So sit back and share the love...hehe enjoy the thoughts, surveys and the quotes.


I will never forget my most memorable Valentine's Day. It was the very first one after my marriage ended. I walked into the office and I saw all these balloons and my first thought was, "Oh wow, the office has been decorated for Valentine's Day, how nice." As I turned towards my desk I realized they were all coming from my desk along with the most beautiful vase filled with Roses. I just looked at it all and cried. The girls (in the office) told me that my Son had stayed for a very long time, they even offered to help, but he said he didn't need any help (He just wanted to make it perfect for his mother) I think some of the girls were very moved by it all. The letter he wrote me was priceless, my not so expressive Son said things to me that I will treasure and hold deep in my heart till my very last day on earth. God has been really good to me, my children try ever so hard to make special days special for me, regardless of their situation or the balance left in their bank accounts. They go above and beyond. This is really sweet and that is why I wanted to express my love and gratitude for the Five most wonderful Valentines that I know. My Kids, I love you guys, Allen, Jule & Bry, Kez, and Natta. You fill up my life, honestly, you are all that I need. Thanx

Grow old along with me, the best is yet to be.
- Robert Browning

One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory.
- Rita Mae Brown

Love is like an hourglass, with the heart filling up as the brain empties.
- Jules Renard

To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.
- Oscar Wilde

It is never too late to fall in love.
- Sandy Wilson

What do farmers give their wives on Valentine's Day?
Hogs and kisses!

What did the bat say to his girlfriend?
"You're fun to hang around with."

Knock, Knock!
Who's there?
Olive.
Olive who?
Olive you!



posted by Perfectly Aged at 9:52 PM

3 Comments:

I LOVE you Sister Gloria... and I wholeheartedly agree with one of those quotes:

"One of the keys to happiness IS a bad memory."
- Rita Mae Brown

Maybe that's one reason I don't grieve too much over the fact that mine is so bad!! I forget things that have happened to me when others still remember. I've had people bring up things that happened to ME that still makes THEM feel bad toward someone and I don't even remember that it happened

4:21 AM  

Yep,thank God for that nifty little built in whatchamacallit gadget that is in our brains. It saves our sanity! I use it quite often, my Kids will say, "Remember when..." and I will be like, "Oh,I forgot about that." LOL

8:03 PM  

Mama~ Happy V~Day Babe!!! I love you so much!!! You are the best!!! I agree with what you said about not needing a lover to enjoy Valentines day! I meet so many people who are not happy on this very special day because they have no one special to share it with. But I thank God that I do... No I don't have a special man in my life yet (except for lil'Bry) but I do have so many special people. God has blessed me with a wonderful family and so many wonderful friends. Thanx for being with me on Valentines day!!! I love you!!! Kezi

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home