Yadi Yadi Yadda

Thursday, January 11, 2007

OUCH

I hate to fail. I think nothing tortures me more than failure. By the way it gets worse with age. It has a way of gnawing continuously at me. I’ve been praying that God would place me in the right job which by the way it’s kinda-sorta like a marriage. You are consciously, actively, and alertly more with your co-workers sometimes than you are with your own family members. You know what I mean? By the time you get home you are poofed. All you really crave is a bath, a nice meal, a nice fluffy bed & sweet dreams, umm, right? You have husbands...

Anyhow, I applied for the county job of telecommunicator-most of you know these people as the 911 operator. The test was 2-2 ½ hrs long. It consisted of everything from reading comp,
spelling, logical skills/psychology, memory recall, (Bry hates playing Jeopardy with me he’s convinced I have all the answers-memorized shhh we won't tell him otherwise :) mathematics (which I dreaded and knew I would fail at-Gerald and Kris always brushed me up in this area just before a test-I miss them terribly) typing and auditory response skills. Actually, there were more categories than the ones I’ve listed. By the way I never made it to the math section. Kez says that’s ok cus that’s probably where I would have failed anyways. Anywhoo, mad respect to the 911 people.

The test is formatted so that if you miss a section, you are Xd out and you actually go no further. I saw one girl get up after the first section I thought she was going to the bathroom turns out she never came back. I made 2 of4 sections I failed the 3rd section. I failed of all things typing. Now you Guys know I can type/can’t hardly blog without writing a book. Actually, I type about 47 wpm/required speed is 30 wpm,no sweat.I wasn’t really worried about my typing skills so I studied for everything but...

Now, I know God has a place for Me to be planted in. But I’m so disappointed and angry with myself for being so picky and leisurely checking my answers when I should have kept the fingers moving on the 'ole keyboard and not worried so much about everything else. I can re-take the test next month, but I don’t know that I will. I need a job much sooner than that.
posted by Perfectly Aged at 9:45 AM

3 Comments:

I used to have that job.

Thankfully God had other plans for me.

:-)

11:40 AM  

Wow! I always knew you were smart!!!
I love you Jen, God's plan are so much better!!!

6:18 AM  

I hate timed tests! I become totally scatter brained.
Remember, God never closes a door without opening a window for you.
Love & appreciate you.

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home