Yadi Yadi Yadda

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Our Fall Tradition


Well, today is Thursday, and it is our day off. Yea Me and Kez! This Friday we are having Chili (Lisa M's specialty) at the office and I get to bring chips and Salsa, Yea Me again/got out of cooking again! My lasagna was a success, though : )

This has been a good week at work, on Tuesday they were painting, so our department got to go to Cracker Barrel (Lisa M's treat-she is a great supervisor, so Kool & fun-luv you girl) while the painters painted. It was great, we had so much fun together, Kez and Robin were our chauffeurs. It was rainy and dreary/my kinda day and Cracker Barrel was so cozy. After that the week just flew by. And here we are almost at the end.

Today we are going leaf watching. The leaves are at their peak, this has become a tradition for Kez and I.

I remember one year I was so very sick, I had this virus, I thought was killing me (really I did/the Doctors had no clue what was happening to me, {Surprised?} I was burning up with fever and listlessness). It felt like my life was draining out of me. Kez had taken me to yet another Doctors appointment, and afterwards instead of coming straight home, she just drove me around. She did not want me to miss the beauty of the leaves. She knows how much I love fall. I remember riding with her and being so very sick-I couldn't even eat, but I didn't miss out on my leaves. It meant the world to me. She took me up the mountain to the first overlook. The Smokies were beautiful and then she would see a little side road that was covered with beautiful leaves and of we'd go.

The next year, she said; "Mom today you and I are spending the day together, enjoying Fall & God's beautiful creation." And buddy, we did just that! We got on the Blue Ridge Parkway & we ended up somewhere in NC we were totally clueless where in the world we were. But we were having fun. We took pictures all day long and somehow we found our way back home late that nite. We had a blast, the leaves were peaking, and the memory of that day is very much alive in my heart & mind. It was so sweet.

So today, yep, you guessed it, leaves are peaking and once again we are off to God knows where, again clueless, but, we do know we are heading north on 75. So my friends, if you can't reach us by cell, you will not reach us at all. Should I stay home and wash clothes, should I do this or should I do that? Yes, I should. But you know I'm not, because today...I'm spending the day with my daughter, my friend. Today we will be making memories and I will blog and share them with you, God's beautiful creation for the fall of 2006. Tootles :)

posted by Perfectly Aged at 8:17 AM

2 Comments:

That sounds like a good tradition, its nice being close to your mother, she is the best friend you could ever have.

2:10 PM  

that post reminds me of the mountains I can't imagine living any where else!!the leaves are beautiful up here in Asheville!!
We were "SUPPOSED" to go to the blueridge to collect leaves for a science project but that hasn't happened :o

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home