Yadi Yadi Yadda

Thursday, October 12, 2006

A TN Friday

Thank God it’s almost Friday.
Friday is a good day : )
Tennesseans are very passionate people especially when it comes to football.
We have a thing at the office called Football Friday. It started out just when the Vols had a home game. Our Department would have a cook-in. But we had so much fun doing it that we sorta adopted it on our own for every Friday. Every Friday, our department eats together. It’s such a special way to end the week. We don’t have to go to the break-room, we just stay in our department and we eat and visit during lunch.(Even the mailman has put in a request for something special/we let him eat too: )
We have a really well-rounded bunch of girls (& guys-did not forget you Danny and Alan). Somehow, I did not escape the cooking this week, and so Kez is at the store buying ingredients for a homemade Jumbo Lasagna while I’m blogging. (This is my first time cooking for all/somehow I have managed weeks of escape). Who knows maybe the ankle had something to do with it. (It’s about time I gleaned good from this injury-hehe) But not this week, I got drafted. Kez gets to participate, cuz she’s my daughter. And that’s so kool. We all bring something or donate funds for the person with the heaviest load-this week, that would be me : ) So far we have had some pretty amazing meals… (Robin’s Broccoli Casserole and Aneda’s White Bean n Chicken Chillie, just to name a few)
I have made some really amazing friends at work. People that we can share a meal with (outside of work) and truly enjoy their company. They know us (Kez n I) and they respect us. I thank God for that.
It’s been a pretty good week after all, despite the fact that I have a balloon ankle & foot, I might add. I never knew this could hurt for so long and so very bad. I am weary. Aneda said I will be a Human Barometer from now on. I think I believe her, but I’ve paid a price for it. Well, we did not get the storms (Somebody probably prayed them away-that’s common here in TN) but we got the cold. Yea, Me! It is cold out there people, you can almost smell it in the air. And so once again, the world is all right.
posted by Perfectly Aged at 6:37 PM

1 Comments:

ITS SO WEIRD HOW MUCH WE ARE ALIKE BUT YET SO VERY VERY DIFFERENT. I CAN NOT STAND COLD WEATHER AND YOUR WELCOMING IT INTO YOUR LIFE. THATS JUST NOT RIGHT. ANYWAYS I LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU. HOPE YOUR LUNCH IS GOOD TODAY. I'LL BE EATING TURKEY SANDWICHS WITH LIL BRYAN. ISABELLA'S DRIVING ME NUTS TODAY SHE SEE'S ME WALK OUT OF THE ROOM AND DROPS WHATS SHE'S DOING AND FREAKS OUT BECAUSE SHE ACTS LIKE I'M LEAVING FOR GOOD. WELL I GUESS I SHOULDN'T COMPLAIN, ITS PRETTY FUNNY THAT THATS THE ONLY COMPLAINT I'VE GOT FOR TODAY. ITS JUST THAT SHE'LL BE PLAYING SO WELL AND I'LL JUST HAVE TO STEP OUT OF THE ROOM FOR ONE SECOND AND SHE'S DROPPING STUFF FALLING OVER TOYS AND BY THE TIME I GET BACK SHE JUST MADE IT TO THE DOOR. HOW DID I GET ON THIS AGAIN. LUV YOU MOM~ JULE

5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home