Yadi Yadi Yadda

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Choices

Choices are crossroads for each and every one of us. Choices affect us, someone elses choices are not something that we have any control over. However, once a choice is made by someone close to us, it is up to us to know what we will do with the said choice. Superman said; "Destiny, is just another word for not making a choice." I love this quote. I don't want someone else's choice to become my destiny. Not all of us have children that have become little replica's of us. Yet, if you look hard enough you will find a little of you inside your children, even the ones that did not choose to follow in your steps. The ones that appear to be so very different from everything you ever taught them... But in reality they are not as different as they appear. Seeds were sown, ideals were planted. Somewhere hidden deep inside, you will see yourself every now and then.
I know, I have.


I chose perfectly aged not because I think highly of myself, on the contrary. But like wine, I want to age with grace. They tell me wine is sweeter, better tasting, and definitely more valuable and desirable the older it gets. I’d like to think that for every tear I've shed, every time my heart was broken, every test and trial I've gone through, and every disappointment that was handed me, the price I paid was costly and significant to me. Yet, not entirely without its lesson, without its pearls of wisdom. They were building blocks, Lincoln Logs if you will to make me the person I am today.However, I’ve chosen to let other's "unfavorable" choices make a much better person out of me...

I want to be less sharp, less critical, not cynical, and not bitter. Instead, I want to age and become more genuine, sweeter, more loving, less judgmental and more understanding. I want to be so perfectly aged that my Lord and Master will want to add me to his collection. Just like a wine connoisseur would. After all wine was our Lord’s first miracle here on earth….
posted by Perfectly Aged at 2:40 PM

2 Comments:

I LOVE YOU MOMMA!!! PEOPLE MAKE CHOICES.WHEN THEY CHOOSE TO WALK IT MEANS THEY TAKE ALL THEIR STRESS WITH THEM. IN THAT CASE THEY FREE MY LIFE OF THEIR STRESS SO I THANK THEM FOR WALKING.

10:01 PM  

What a wonderful way to describe us a we get older! My children also remind me about it. And they have a wonderful Country song out about the wrinkles we get - they have a story to tell - beautiful. If I find it again, I will share. Made me feel a lot better! Big Hugz.

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home