Yadi Yadi Yadda

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Life's Musing

I wrote this as a response to one of Mitchie's Post and it was so good I thought I'd post it on mine.
Throughout the age’s man (and woman too) have questioned their existence and purpose... Men like Aristotle and Socrates, what makes us think we will do no less, Save
d or Unsaved? I think the devil knows this and plays on this. Many a life has been damaged by thoughts the devil planted. Thoughts of insecurity, little or no self worth, and the futility of the unattainable dreams that were never achieved. If he can keep us here, he can play with us. Depression and Suicide (physical and spiritual) will certainly follow in his little game. Many a life have these two claimed.
I think we “All” go through this knot hole of; “Who really cares, who will miss us and who will remember us in the next century?” The fact is, that most of us will not make the history books. God’s word says, “We are but a drop in the bucket.” Not much comfort in that, but there is comfort in knowing that "We" are not insignificant. "We" will leave our mark in our own little sphere. The thing is "We " need to stay in the bucket, to be used while "We" are in the bucket. And to one day be promoted, as "We" evaporate and become a part of something so much bigger than the bucket.
"We" will be remembered and missed. "We" have more importance than "We" give ourselves credit for. You did not hear me say that "We" are Sensational. That, "We" may not be and never will be, but Important, that "We" are. How many times have I looked at my wrist, and saw my Grandmother's wrist instead. I saw her wrist dance to the motion of a needle, unite with the other one in prayer, and turn the pages of her beloved Bible. Do you know her? No, chances are you don’t. Yet in My world, My sphere, she remains a Hero. And not only to Me, but to My Children as well. Her story will be re-told time and time again to my grandchildren. And my oldest daughter will forever carry her name / Julia.
posted by Perfectly Aged at 3:03 PM

3 Comments:

WELL WELL I KNOW YOU'VE PUT ALOT OF THOUGHT INTO THAT ONE. I LUV YOU WOMEN, AND YES I WILL ALWAYS CARRY HER NAME MAYBE ONE DAY I CAN CARRY HER REPUTATION. YOUR THE BEST LADY.....

8:45 PM  

Sister Gloria,
You are such a blessing and a wonderful inspiration! You are one of the precious saints that I look forward to seeing at campmeeting every year. You are always there, and smiling. Your name is beautiful, but you make it even more beautiful with your smiles, laughter, and positive personality. Your love of life,God,happiness,love,good times,and good food(like the delicious-sounding lasagna), are what I think about when I think of you! I also think of faithfulness. You may not have known that I look up to you so much, but I do! And, someday, when we get to Heaven, I want to find you and let you know that you helped me to make it there! Through your good example and your faithfulness, there's no telling how many lives you've touched. I love you! Sister Rebecca (from Morgan City)

11:59 AM  

Wow. Words so true.

While we are contemplating our worth - for certainly not many could read this and not contemplate their own - let me tell you something.

Your 'sphere' of influence reaches further than you may even know. Your strength and faithfulness has touched me and encouraged me for years. I've always enjoyed being around you and your family. The wonderful memories are numerous and will never be forgotten. One of my goals in life is to try to have as much fun with my children as we always had with you when I visited your home. If I can provide half the love for life to my children that you have for yours then I will have been successful.

I think of you very often. You are much appreciated.

p.s. Tell your oldest son I said 'Hello'.

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home