Yadi Yadi Yadda

Saturday, May 17, 2008

We saved a fish, today.

Ever felt out of place, kinda like you know you don't know where you belong. Yet you are stuck in the wrong place, at the wrong time, with the wrong crowd. And you feel like you are gasping for breath and life. Your collar is too tight you can't stand it and you are sweating bullets. You want out and you don't know how. And you lie there flat on your back, praying, begging, pleading. . . You look so pitiful that if anyone ever took the time to take a good look, deep into your eyes, your eyes would tell the whole story.

Such was the plight of the pitiful flounder Kez and I found on our walk. It was so sad to see this little fellow washed up on the shore. Kez wanted so very badly to reach down and pick it up and place him back in the water. We've had some red tide in the past and not knowing if this fellow would have some kind of disease I advised her against it. It was hard to walk away. We kept convincing ourselves we had done the right thing. Yet we were both bothered. I kept thinking about those eyes, and the little mouth that kept moving, revealing life. And then we spotted salvation. It was coming up the beach on a four wheeler, like a knight in shinning armour. She was an environmentalist doing her nightly rounds. We let her know about the little fish, knowing that she probably had gloves and would know what to do. We stood there watching from a far, as she tossed the little guy back in.

I hope and pray he made it :) Can you imagine how that water must of felt against his dried up dying skin. How wonderful the gift of life felt. My, what a close call. I wonder how many other fishes he told.

You know this feeling well, that is, you do if you've ever experienced salvation. You've been there. Don't forget this story, the enemy would love for you to. He will dangle anything attractive and appealing in front of your eyes and will tempt you with whatever it is you think, you might want. And when he does remember this story, we saved a fish today, and it felt amazing. I guess that's the way God feels :)
posted by Perfectly Aged at 7:04 PM

3 Comments:

You should be the speaker at a graduation banquet. Maybe I can put a word in to Bro. Cornwell for you...

8:24 PM  

Yep, we're all fish out of water until someone cares enough to get involved. If some people hadn't persisted in inviting me to revival, I just wonder where I would be today.

1:18 AM  

Thanks, Reba :)
I write from the heart,I still remember where I am/who I am and where I feel out of place the most :) I don't ever want to forget this! My heart goes out to the misguided.
Luv you Guys!!

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home